Sunday, September 2, 2007

Week 2 of the new commitment


If only I could stick to a workout plan for 2 weeks :-)

Okay - let me recap this very fun week for you all.

Sunday evening we had a birthday celebration for my father and grandma at my sister's house. Carson never did eat his cake and ice cream. That child is so odd. Matt and I are all over sweets and Delaney definitely is following in our footsteps. However, he couldn't care less if there is something sweet in front of him.

On Monday, Matt and his mother watched the kids while I went to work. This is going to become more routine for us, so Teri decided she should spend a day with one of us to see where everything hides and what a "normal" day is like for us. They seemed to have a blast!!! I heard all about playing outside and building with blocks. We'll see how everyone does next Monday when Matt won't be here with them :-)

On Tuesday we had some friends over to play. Wednesday we went to the library for preschool story time with some other friends and then we went to meet Daddy for lunch. That was very fun!! Preschool story time was kind of crazy because there were 15 to 18 kids in the room all ranging in age from a few months to 4 years old....however, the lady reading was very expressive and had great interactive songs, so she really kept their attention.

On Thursday we went to get the oil changed in the van. I love that the Honda dealership has a play area for the kids. I sat in the doorway with my feet blocking the entrance and read Better Homes and Gardens while the kids played with all new toys. It really was a fun 45 minutes - I used to dread doing this at the Chevy dealership with nasty plastic chairs and NO toys.

On Thursday afternoon Delaney was being disciplined for something (probably hitting Carson, that seems to be her favorite thing to do these days) and I did my normal routine of taking her into her room and sitting her on my lap on her bed to talk to her. I asked her to look at my eyes while we talked and she said, "Is this going to be a long talk or a short one, 'cause I have things to do." How do you discipline after that?!?

On Thursday evening we introduced the "big girl" cup to Delaney. At meals (at home) she is now drinking out of a cup without a lid. She told Carson he couldn't do that till he was three - so many privileges come with being 3 - you can pick up the cat and get a cup without a lid...wow!!!
We played outside for the rest of the evening till it was time for baths and for Matt to leave for softball.

On Friday I left the house when Matt came home and had a WONDERFUL, much needed and deserved girls night out with 3 of my friends. We went to a Mexican restaurant and our waiter quit in the middle of our meal. He had brought 3 of our meals and had gone back to check on the whereabouts of the other. When he hadn't come back after 15 minutes, my friend whose food was missing decided to go check on him. We learned that he had walked off the job sometime between our table and the kitchen. So, we were treated like royalty for the rest of the meal - that was kind of nice :-)

Saturday morning we took the kids over to my parents for the morning so we could pressure wash the deck and hot tub and clean out the shed. We were successful at getting it all done, but I (personally) don't think the deck looks much better. We are going to get some stain for it, so maybe that will help. The new portion of the deck, the hot tub, and the old portion of the deck are all different colors right now so it looks mismatched and blah...hopefully the stain will help it look unified. We have ordered a new cover for the hot tub and I am calling Tuesday to get them to come out and fix the jets. If it is going to look nice, then everything should be functioning too!!! The weather was absolutely beautiful for being outside yesterday!!!
My parents brought the kids home and Delaney was telling me something later in the day and she said "Remember, your mom was here...." She's such a goof!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love,
Gretchen

No comments: