Monday, September 17, 2007

Go Colts!

Go Colts is a phrase I've heard a lot today!! From EVERYONE in my house! Delaney was heard yelling it from the bathroom, Carson was heard mumbling it while eating lunch and Matt was heard uttering phrases about the Colts (only occasionally under his breath) throughout the entire game. Carson was very focused on football during lunch - as was Matt, so I couldn't really say much. I think I might need to invest in TV trays :-) Our children are also convinced that Grandpa Bub is at every Colts game (or sometimes just every football game) that they see. Delaney is getting the concept that he can only go if they are here, but Carson is still convinced he's up there!!!

Carson has an adorable phrase - "I told you." He says that very matter of factly when you have broken one of his "rules" or disregarded his request - do you think he hears that too often?!?

This afternoon Delaney pooped in the potty (we are now on day 9 of her pooping streak - in case anyone missed it, I bribed her with the promise that I would paint her room pink and get her a big girl bed that I could sleep in with her if she'd poop in the potty for 2 weeks - looks like I'm going to be very busy, very broke, and very tired soon!!!!!) Anyway, she always calls anyone and everyone that is in the house to come look at it before she flushes. Carson walked in, leaned over the toilet, and said "Holy Toledo" as only Carson can - it was so funny!

Delaney has been balleting around the house all weekend . She is obsessed with a song called "Balance." They pretend like they are walking a tight rope while it is playing, so she keeps doing this around the house. She also loves to show off her twirling skills! What a pretty princess she is!

One night this week I fixed macaroni and cheese out of pasta shaped like footballs, baseballs, gloves, tennis racquets, and the sort. Well, Delaney had a glove and Carson had a ball, so he thought it was totally appropriate for him to throw the ball into her glove - ah, no!! It was very funny though, so it took us a few minutes to discipline. I wish I could remember the exact conversation, but there was lots of confusion as to why it was wrong - because it landed in Laney's milk cup - is that reason enough?!?

Grandma Teri watched the kiddos Monday while I worked. It was nice b/c Matt and I were able to sneak away for a "date lunch." We went to this really great hot dog place and we didn't have to cut up anyone's food before we could eat! My tator tots were actually warm when I ate them!!!

Tuesday we went to the apple orchard with MOPS. That was very fun! I had invited a friend to go with me, so we took our kids to a nearby park after we were done at the orchard and let them play and had a picnic. It was kind of chilly out, but we enjoyed being outside! Carson even chased a squirrel around the park - almost right into the parking lot.

Wednesday was storytime at the library. This week was a visit from the fire dept. They put on their gear for the kids. Delaney was scared and cuddled up on my lap for most of the presentation. Then, they took the kids out to the fire truck and ambulance. Carson sat in the back of the ambulance in awe of all of the equipment around him. It was so cute to watch him.

Thursday was ballet and a visit to Grampy at work. We had to show off the ballerina!! We also went to Matt's softball game. It was such nice weather and it was an evening where Matt and I would have been running in opposite directions the whole night, so I decided to take advantage of the 20 minute drive there to actually converse with him about our day.

On Friday Delaney had to have a wart removed from her finger. She is such a brave girl. She stood right next to the pediatrician with her hand resting on the dr's lap. She had huge tears in her eyes but didn't let one of them drop. She said, "Owww" once and I commented on how brave she was being. The doctor said she certainly was because what she was doing should hurt! She got a band aid when it was over and after a trip to the mall for some pretzel bitz, she was good to go!!!!

We went to the fish fry with my parents Friday evening - we love the fish fry!!!! The kids love to look at the live fish in the pond (something is terribly wrong about that to me!) and I love to eat the wonderful fried fish!!! The weather was perfect to sit outside and enjoy the live music and good company. Unfortunately, the evening was cut short by Matt getting a page from work demanding his time and expertise.

Saturday was the Beech Grove Fall Festival Parade. Matt helped with crowd control and we watched the parade - see attached photo - they were not fans of the sirens!!! However, they were fans of all of the candy they could collect. This is the first year I've let them run out to get candy. They were pretty good at it! Matt ate a lot of their hard candy this morning during church because his throat hurt - yeah right :-)

I believe that wraps up our week. Enjoy!

Gretchen

No comments: