Monday, September 10, 2007

The Ballerina!

This week started with a lazy Monday - having daddy home on a weekday is always a special treat. Carson, Delaney, and Mommy went to the store mid afternoon to get items typical of a cookout while Daddy fired up the grill. We had a wonderful dinner.

On Tuesday, we started MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) at a church nearby. We will meet every other Tuesday for 2 hours. Childcare is provided in a program called Moppets. I was very worried about leaving both of them. Delaney has just started running into her class at church, so I was fearful that we'd have tears at a new place. We put Carson in his class first and before I'd labeled his bag and let the door close behind me he was all the way at the other end of the room (and it's a big room) peeking out of a little plastic playhouse. Next stop, Delaney's room - she went without a problem. She gave me a little hug on the leg and off she went. They said she did great - it probably helps that the indoor playground was right outside her door and they got to play on it for the last 20 minutes!! I also had a great time. I only knew 2 people going into the day and neither one were in my small group. But, it seems like it will be very fun. On the Tuesdays that we don't meet for MOPS they do Mommy and Me activities and have a book club. Tomorrow is the apple orchard - if it isn't raining.

On Wednesday we went to the library for story time again. This time there were 27 plus kids there - they wouldn't sit still for me to get an accurate count. That is a lot of 2, 3, and 4 year olds!! They read about Grandparents (Happy Grandparents Day to all of you grandparents reading this!!). Then, we went to Lowe's to get stain for the deck for Matt's evening project. There was this really nice man in Lowe's who gave both of the kids little aprons. They were adorable!!

Thursday was the day we'd been waiting for - the first day of ballet!!! Delaney sat still for me to put her hair up because she knew it was for dance class. We got to Tippy Toes about 10 minutes early because we needed to rent tap shoes and I've heard it's a pain to find the right size. That took about 30 seconds. So, we sat in the lobby and got acquainted with other girls in her class. When the class started I thought Carson and I would sit in the observation area for a few minutes and then we'd have to exit because his attention span would be shot - 45 minutes later and lots of "She's pretty" said by Carson, the class was over and we were still in our seats!! She was gorgeous!!! It was too adorable to watch all of the little girls, everyone is new this year, so that makes it nice. The class is for 2 to 4 year olds, so we could have had some repeaters, but they are all new! There are only 6 girls in her class, I was very impressed with that. When ballet was over we were getting in the car and I asked her if she had fun. The response was, "You were there, you saw how much fun it was." Well duh!!!

Friday we went downtown to have lunch with Grammy. Since she has started working full time our Fridays playing together are gone, so we decided to go to her! We went to a very not kid friendly McDonalds!! The only seating was for 2 people, so we had high chairs sitting in the aisles - oh well, no one seemed to mind.

In the evening we went to Cheeseburger in Paradise - mainly because Carson sounds adorable when he asks to go there!!! The kids behaved wonderfully! We had movie night when we got home. I took a much needed nap during Finding Nemo. I did stay awake for the beginning when they were both scared, but when the movie got cute and fun, I closed my eyes and had both kids curled up against me!!

Saturday morning we got to see Shannon and Aaron. Shannon was home for a wedding so they stopped by to say hi. For as much as Delaney talks about missing her she sure didn't show it!

In the afternoon Delaney and I went shopping. I don't know that we've ever had so much fun! We went to the mall, Target, and Kohl's. We shared an ICEE at Target and she thought she was HOT STUFF!!! It was adorable to watch. When we left Target and were headed to Kohl's I told her she could walk over to the trash and throw it away. She decided there was still at least one drink left so she should probably take it with her. She was so cute she convinced me to buy her a new shirt in Kohl's. We got to ride on the escalator at the mall b/c we didn't have stroller - that is such a big deal for her!!!

In the evening, we went to a going away party for one of Matt's fraternity brothers. It was at the house of a couple who has a 3 year old boy, so we took the kids with us. They had fun playing with all of Jonah's toys in his play room.

Sunday evening we went to my parents house for dinner. It's finally Carson's turn to get the funny story told on him. The kids were playing in the family room and all of a sudden Seth started screaming like he was hurt. So, Dave went over to get him and I went to my child that was closest to him to question what had happened. I picked Car up and said, "What happened Buddy?" Car, "I wasn't mean to him." Me, "What happened?" Car, "I wanted him to talk into the microphone." Me, "Did you push it into his mouth?" Car, "Yes." Me, "Then you need to tell him you are sorry." Car, "No, I wasn't mean to him." Me, "You hurt him, you need to tell him you are sorry." We walked over to Seth and he said he was sorry and gave him a kiss. What a cutie!!!

Enjoy the pics of ballerina girl and of Delaney and Carson being nice to each other - look shocked, it doesn't happen that often!!!


Gretchen

No comments: