Monday, October 1, 2007

Slower Pace

We went at a slower pace this week and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Monday we had a lazy day around the house. I got caught up on some laundry and cleaning. When Matt got home from work we took the kids to their first Greenwood Christian Academy sports event. (GCA is the school I used to teach at). We went to watch the girls that I had in first grade when I was pregnant with Delaney play volleyball. The girls were all "grown up" and our kids had a blast. They have been "throwing" the volleyball ever since.

Tuesday was a work day for me. Grandpa Bub (Matt's dad) came to stay with the kids. All I know is the day consisted of a walk without strollers, sidewalk chalk, playing in the rain, and trying on his fire gear - sounds like they had WAY more fun than I did!!!!

Wednesday we went to visit an older couple from our church. He had a stroke a few weeks ago that affected his speech and we thought Carson could bring some cheer to him - they seem to have similar problems - their minds go faster than their mouths :-) The kids got to play with their kitten - Princess Sophie - and I got to socialize. It was a nice visit and lasted a lot longer than I had planned. But, we were having so much fun, I didn't want to drag the kids away.

Thursday Delaney had dance and then we went to sell cookie dough (dance fund raiser -don't worry, if you live close enough for me to deliver it to you, you will be getting an email about it) at Grampy's work. It is a hilarious process because Delaney refuses to talk to people she doesn't know (unless we're in the store), so Carson walks up to people and says, "Are you want some cookie dough?" While Delaney hands them the paper and backs away!! Too cute, but they've made lots of sales that way!!

Friday was another lazy day - we ran to Meijer in the morning for some groceries and then we waited around for the Royal Spa man to come fix our hot tub - it is up and running now if anyone is interested!!

Saturday was spent cleaning the hot tub and the shower - blah!!! However, I was greatly rewarded by going to The Cheesecake Factory with 2 of my friends. We had a blast!!!! I love going out with them b/c my face hurts by the end of the night from laughing so hard. It is a nice break from Mommyhood :-)

Today was full of football - the kids were screaming "Ball, ball, ball" during a game that Matt wasn't even watching. Carson was little Matt during dinner. He sat watching the TV the entire time, but he ate most of his food too, so I couldn't say much. Sundays are the only days that the TV is permitted to be on during a meal, so it's okay with me if he's glued to it - like father, like son!


Love you all. Have a GREAT week!
Gretchen

No comments: