Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Adventures In Babysitting (from Bub)



Hi all,

I told Gretchen I might write a guest column. I had a great time with the kids last Tuesday. They had gotten up early enough that Gretchen already had them dressed when I arrived. We headed outside almost immediately after mommy headed for work.

They were excited to see the "surprise" I had to show them in my truck. When I started pulling out my fire gear, however, Delaney informed me that if I started putting it on she was going to hide. I did manage to get the gear on without her hiding but that was about it. Later in the afternoon when Matt got home he donned the gear and was even able pick up Carson and Delaney.

Our walk was really more of a run. I let them run just a bit ahead as long as they would stop when I said stop. It did take a few tries to get this rule to sink in. First we walked to the lake that is about a block away. I think crossing the street wowed them more than the lake. Next we went to the bridge behind their house, which I gathered was the usual destination of the walks. There wasn't any water under the bridge, but we threw some rocks in anyway.

Just as we were getting back home it had started to rain. We raced back to save the sidewalk chalk and chairs that we had left outside. I scooted their chairs out close to the rain so they could stick their feet out in it. It didn't take long for that to become a full fledged dancing in the rain. I had to drag them out of the rain to have lunch.

Grandpa Bub

No comments: