Friday, August 15, 2008

IN State Fair

Welcome to August in Indiana...the State Fair! This year was double exciting...fried food and Carrie Underwear!! They had the wonderful Wonder Trail set up that took the kids on a farming adventure. In the end they earned paper money for everything they had collected and were able to buy a snack. They each bought a granola bar...that was the absolute healthiest thing they consumed the entire day!!!

After taking in all of the animals and dinner (corn dogs, shakes, ice cream, funnel cake, pork chop, popcorn...do you feel like you are going to explode yet, because we did!!), we found our seats for the Carrie Underwear concert. Delaney was VERY excited...so excited she turned into a crazy maniac girl and wiggled around all over my mom. I believe my mom compared it to wrestling a greased pig :-) The kids were awesome during the concert. Carson played the air guitar and Delaney sang along and danced. About 15 minutes before the concert was over Carson fell asleep in my arms. I love moments like that, so I didn't complain in the least. After the concert the three of us shared an orange shake-up (I highly recommend) and then we headed for home. Much to our dismay, the kids still woke up between 7 and 8 o'clock even though they didn't get into bed until almost midnight...why, oh why?!?

No comments: