Friday, August 15, 2008

The 1st Day of School....what?!?

Finally, the day we've talked about all summer...the first day of K4. Matt took the day off work (trying to burn up as much vacation as possible before his last day....today!!!). We had a lazy morning together doing nothing but eating cinnamon rolls and reading books.
She already has the school girl attitude going on....I won't let her know, but it looks SO cute!
The big girl (mommy, not Delaney) was rewarded with ColdStone. I didn't cry at all until we were sitting there eating ice cream and she was talking about everything she had done and all of her new friends. Then, all of a sudden, she was really big stuff and I hadn't witnessed anything that she was talking about. I didn't even know those kids (luckily I know her teacher).
I was very worried about how Carson was going to handle it. On the first day, we went shopping after we dropped her off and then we went home, played Slap Jack (his favorite game), and he took a nap. We had to wake him to go pick Delaney up. He listened to all of her stories with great interest. The second day he was a little bit whinier, but he also had spent the morning with his best buddy Sawyer, so he might have just been more clingy b/c he hadn't been with me the whole morning. We'll see how next week goes when we get into some sort of a routine. Matt also starts his new job on Monday, so we'll be adjusting to a new schedule there too....when it rains, it pours!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow, its a whole new chapter. I had mixed emotions for sure....total excitement for them, as well as some sadness at seeing them just growing up right before your eyes. Makes me tear up even now...hahahaha.

Delaney looked adorable! I am sure she will love her school and it will be fun for you and Carson to have some one on one time to, I am sure.

You sure do have some cute kids! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, my gosh! That's one heck of a first day of school photo - I just love the sass she's got going on! :)

Jill said...

Gretchen, I'm saying good-bye to you in a way I never have before. Even though I really can't stand all that good-bye stuff, it doesn't seem right that this way either.

Hope you guys have a great school year. Keep in touch with us!!

Hugs, J