Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mid-week Update

I feel bad keeping you all in suspense, so I thought I'd send out a midweek update. We are no longer "house hunting." We took some contractors and our mothers through it on Monday and it appears to be in much worse shape than we originally thought. I guess as we went into it the first time, we had no idea what we were getting into, so we didn't see all the little things, we just saw the major problems. After walking through it on Monday and seeing the dollar signs attached to each room, we rethought the idea. The bathrooms (remember, there were 3 and 1/2 of them) would be about $7000 each. The kitchen - $15000. It also needs heating and air conditioning, new windows, carpet, fresh paint - with some drywall repair in 4 rooms, a new front door and trim, new lighting fixtures in most rooms, major landscaping help, a fence, and the list goes on. I am sure our mothers could list even more than we could :-) So, we have decided to be happy in the close quarters we've been blessed with and to make some improvements here. Thanks to you all for your emails of encouragement. I am glad that the decision became very obvious (at least to me) after going through it again - I am sure that was a product of prayer!

Love to you all,
Gretchen

No comments: