Friday, March 9, 2007

Discovery, March 9

lazing in the hammockcheesing it up
lazing in the "hammock"cheesing it up

Matt and I designated tonight "Movie Night" at our house. We bathed the kids early and we all snuggled up under the orange blankies to watch Lady and the Tramp - Delaney's choice. Carson slept through the last 15 minutes on Matt's lap (who was also sleeping). Delaney and I stayed awake for the whole movie. She seemed to really enjoy it and only got inquisitive once (why are those doggies still outside?). However, now she is fighting going to sleep because she says the movie was scary. She made a deal with Matt that if she will dream only about the happy parts, then he has to dream about the bad parts....we'll see if that works :-)

Earlier in the week I took the kids to GCA (the school I taught at before Carson arrived). My old co-workers were so amazed at how big the kids are and, of course, how cute they are also! The principal asked Delaney if she was ready to go to preschool. She, very shyly, looked away. That answered the question - not yet. We are thinking about putting her in dance or gymnastics next fall so she will get used to a "classroom" setting. We had contemplated preschool, but it is very costly and I'm not sure she is ready for an actual school setting 2 days a week for 3 hours at a time. I think we'll tackle 45 minutes one time a week to begin with. Sometimes it is hard to get her to go to Sunday School, so I don't need that stress two more times a week.

Matt is gearing up for the start of softball - one month to go. I am not so fired up. If the games are early, I have two choices - go to the game, take the kids, and chase them around the ball park OR stay home with them and have them question why we can't go 500 times. I don't like him being gone at bedtime and into the night, but it does make for an easier explanation - we can't go because you have to go to bed now.

I guess I am the boring one this week. I took the kids to the mall on our way to GCA - Delaney wanted some new pink panties while we were there - anyone who knows me, knows that I canNOT pass up buying panties, so she is the PROUD owner of 2 new pairs of pink panties. She dropped her pants the second we walked into my parents house today to show them off!! I also managed to escape last night to have dinner with 3 of my friends from high school. That was so much fun!! I hadn't seen one of them for a few years. It was so fun to reminisce about our past.

I no longer hear Delaney tossing and turning, so I will assume she has crashed. I think I'll do the same.

No comments: