Friday, March 2, 2007

Dillard Discoveries, March 2

Happy March to everyone! It definitely came in like a LION yesterday morning. The hail, lightening, and thunder sent Delaney crawling into our bed. I don't like storms, but I love an excuse to cuddle!

Last night I decided we'd try watching Wheel of Fortune again. I had been addicted to it for the longest time, but I didn't like the kids watching so much TV, so I'd given it up (I talk like it was a drug of mine). Well, I decided last night that it was a good night to try again (long day!!!). We got the new orange blankets that they got at Grampy's work on Tuesday and the three of us cuddled up on the couch. I was sure I would hear screams when there was no Big Bird, talking vegetable, or Uniqua, but there were no screams. They actually seemed interested in the fact that I was interested in it. It helps that I talk to the TV, so they were certain I was talking to them also. Delaney got so into it that she said, "Mommy, they need a J." There was no J in the puzzle, but she'd listened to me tell them what letter they needed to guess, so she thought she'd join right in. I decided if it helped with the letter recognition, it was educational, and, therefore, welcomed in our house!! So, don't call between 7 and 7:30, we'll be learning our letters :-)

I sent Matt and the kids to my parent's house on Monday evening because I had a Pampered Chef party. Carson has talked about that evening all week. He got to watch a "Baby Eintein" movie at "Pampy's" house. It is adorable to see his expression and excitement when he tells stories!!

I had a funny moment with Delaney on Tuesday. I was fixing grilled cheese for her and was asking Carson if he would like one too. She said, "Mommy, Carson can't have girl cheese, you have to make him boy cheese." How cute is that!!! I didn't correct it, I just laughed and said I'd do that.

Today we went to the Children's Museum. Carson was so tired by the time we sat down for lunch I thought he would fall asleep at the table. He ran like a wild man all through the Clifford exhibit. He sure can keep up with the bigger kids. He opted to ride for the majority of the rest of the trip. He did get out at the "pretties" - that would be the Dale Chihuly glass scupture. They have a really neat plastic version that the kids can play with and he loves it. He was not a big fan of the marbley looking floor today, I guess he thought it was water. He refused to walk on it alone - it was pretty adorable.

My excitement for the week was getting tons of kitchen gadgets for little to no money from my Pampered Chef party - I am on my way to that kitchen makeover yet :-) Matt says the best part of his week was not having to shovel snow...he's pretty boring though.

Love to you all!!
Gretchen

No comments: