Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friday, May 25

Today is worthy of an update all by itself! We (as zoo members) got to preview the new waters building this afternoon/evening. It was very exciting for everyone involved. Carson said "scared, go away" many times! Although he warmed up to everything after we stood there for a minute or two. Delaney got to touch a shark - yes, a real one! She really didn't hesitate at all, which shocked me. I got to see the jelly fish. Not as beautifully displayed as the ones at the aquarium we went to on vacation, but still jelly fish. Matt got to touch the shark also and see the penguins. They added a new "window" in the floor that you can walk on and watch the penguins swim under you....very cool!! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.

This week was also a week of Delaney the fairy princess. My mom and I go to garage sales on Saturday morning and last week we found this purple skirt made out of netting with flowers inside of it. She bought it for Delaney and she has worn it for a while every day. She wore it to my parents house on Sunday evening and then to Walmart on Monday. Even Carson has had a turn with it...although Matt has forbid me to include those pictures :-) I also bought her a Disney princess nightgown and she has had to pull out the plastic high heels from the dress up box to wear with it in the mornings.....she's so cute. She also picked out her new "big girl" bedding at Target this week, but it is a little pricey....maybe a birthday present. If you go to Target.com, you can look at it if you search for simply shabby chic fairytale quilt. At least I know she has good taste!!!!

I am headed off to a garage sale this morning...we're looking for more dress up clothes today, they were a big hit!

Happy Birthday to Clay and Shannon M. - I got one of yours on the actual day and the other one not - but I can't remember which is which.

Love,
Gretchen

No comments: