Sunday, January 1, 2012

Journey....

In 2011, my sister had a word for the year. I decided to borrow this idea for 2012.
My word is: JOURNEY.
"A journey may be long or short, but it must start at the very spot one finds oneself." Jim Stovall
My first journey began tonight.
I am a "list maker" that desperately needs to mark off items that are finished. Matt says I write "make a list" at the top of the list just so I can cross something off right away. Maybe so, but nonetheless, that's how I function and feel success.
My first, and probably hardest (at least physically speaking), journey for 2012 is to walk to Florida. WHAT?!? Has she lost her mind?!? No, my goal for 2012 is to keep track of my miles walked/ran (so far I am at 2.20). My goal is to walk my family to Florida for 2013. Matt has agreed that we can go to whatever beach I walk to. If I make it 686.4 miles, then we will find ourselves in Jacksonsville, Florida next year. However, I'd rather go farther south....let's say St Petersburg. It's only 840.5 miles (measured as the crow flies, as that is definitely how I run!!).
I promise to update you on my JOURNEY and share more journeys with you.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I love it! I thought keeping track would be fun, too. But you have a good reason! Can't wait to hear more journeys.

Jill said...

I love this idea TOO!! And I'm going to set my distance goal tonight!! Thanks for the inspiration!