Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rise and Shine

3 out of 4 of us started school. Delaney started full day Kindergarten. She is adjusting well. The first few weeks were pretty bad as she was horribly tired when I picked her up. Now she is still tired, but she's learned to sit in silence instead of instantly screaming at me upon sitting down in the car.

I went back to teaching this year. I am teaching half day kindergarten at Greenwood Christian Academy (where the kids go to school). Carson is in preK there 3 days a week and stays home with Matt on Mondays. On Fridays he is floating around, although we've been fortunate so far that my parents have been able to work their schedule around watching him on Fridays. It's so nice b/c they can come to the house so I don't have to drive him somewhere early in the morning and get going a half hour before we usually do. As is, I am having to wake up kids every morning!As I mentioned, Car started PreK this year. This is his first school experience and he's definitely testing the waters! I had always heard that pastor's kids were "bad," well, I think that applies to teacher's kids too!!! He is exploring his boundaries and his class is full of energetic 4 year old boys, that makes getting into trouble even easier for him as there are always people to assist him.And, finally, a little brother-sister love. They run to each other at recess and hug, they miss each other terribly during the afternoons, yet, they still fight like cats and dogs. However, the love and concern they show for each other makes my heart melt.

No comments: