Sunday, March 22, 2009

My American Girl

For some reason, which Matt and I will never understand, an American Girl catalog came in the mail the other day. For another reason I'll never grasp, I handed it to Delaney without thinking twice!!! WOW! I am all about encouraging reading and writing, but I NEVER would have guessed the amount of reading and writing this catalog would encourage. Delaney very carefully evaluated every picture in the catalog and made of a list of her favorites so she could ask for them for her birthday. This was all done on her own. The list is currently 3 notebook pages long (yes, there is writing on EVERY SINGLE LINE). After she ran out of the paper I gave her she started in on single sheets from her smaller notebook. Each item was written on it's own piece of paper. I believe that stack was currently up to 20 or so, last time I counted. It is adorable to watch, and yes, we've talked to her about the fact that she will NOT be getting all of it for her birthday. (Furthermore, Target sells similar things for a fraction of the price, so if she gets anything, that is where my purchases will be made!!) But wow the reading and writing she's been practicing!!!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

How precious! I suppose you don't want to tell Delaney there's a wonderful American Girl Place in Chicago for a "Grammy, Mommy & Me" overnight trip... :) :) :)