Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fall Fun Fest

Our church hosted a Fall Fun Fest. This is our first fall at the church and WOW ~ this event was much more elaborate than I thought it would be.

There was face painting ~ a fire truck putting out a fire for Car and a glittery dolphin for Laney

Laney rode a pony when she went to the pumpkin patch with Aunt Shannon and Uncle Aaron, so she was totally an old pro at this!!

Laugh if you must, but this picture brings tears to my eyes! There was a cake walk game (a circle of numbers on the floor, you walk around them until the music stops, they pick a number from a hat and the person standing on that number wins). Carson played this game for over 10 minutes trying to have his number called. The ladies running the game offered him candy twice if he wanted to quit, but he was determined to win...I think this picture says so much ~ the hands, the face ~ I felt so bad for him, yet I admired his "stick with it" attitude. He's such an example to me sometimes!!!

And, of course, before we could leave, there had to be a football toss!! Look at that arm :-)

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh ... 3 year old boys! : ) Too adorable! Sometimes their antics drive you crazy and you wonder if you'll ever be sane and then other times they make your heart melt incredibly more than you ever thought it could melt! Looks like you guys had fun! So, did you make him a cake when you got home?! : )

Kevin Dillard said...

Wanted to win! Hmmm.I had to chuckle a bit. Isn't that the same Dillard trait that drives everybody around me and Matt insane?