Tuesday, March 13, 2012

These are my days....

Okay, I realize the above picture shows that I don't always parent, but isn't that fun?!? His clothes don't match.....or fit.....but look at that face. The kid is having blast enjoying a springlike day in early March. He is all boy (so active and rough and tough), but he is the first one in the house to notice when mom needs a hug (and to deliver it!).
And, for those of you who haven't met this guy on facebook yet, this is our newest addition to the family, Fluffy Gus. He came to join us after his owners (our next door neighbors) were (wife) killed in a car accident and (husband) died from a broken heart. He has adjusted marvelously to our family and is WELL loved by certain members!! He handles that with grace and flops over her arm like a ragdoll and takes it all in. He has a great personality. Unfortunately, we are also still caring for the other 3 cats that they left behind. So, if you live in the area and know of anyone looking for a cat, we have 3 with very different personalities that we'd love to have you meet. We, however, won't be taking in anymore of them....much to Mrs. Gray's disliking as she frequently tries to sneak in the house with Gus!!
Today, I am home with a sick girl, just tiptoeing (is that a word, because it doesn't look right?!?) around the house trying not to wake her up. She is not perking up as fast as I'd like her to, but she has managed to keep liquids down for 5 hours now....big improvement! And, because this is an unexpected day off and the laundry is actually caught up, I am managing to be productive with some fun things.....sewing, blogging, making a menu of dinner for the next 2 weeks (yes, that IS fun!!!).
And, finally, for those of you keeping track at home, I am 25% of the way through Kentucky in my run to Florida. Last night my sister and I went from my house to my parents house. It was a nice journey of almost 4 miles. I will say that next time, maybe we should do it when the sun is out, there were a few dark stretches along the way and we've decided we're kinda getting wimpy in our "old" age.
I suppose I should go put on some clothes that don't look so much like pajamas and start waking sleeping beauty so we can go grab her brother in the car line. That is a HUGE deal for him because they always just go to my classroom after school. He's SO excited to get picked up with his friends and without his sister.
Until next time, if you live near me, enjoy this weather. I've opened up all the windows and am enjoying the breeze and the birds.

2 comments:

Cara said...

I resent "old." Even in quotes. I prefer wise. Use it or I will withhold all excess baked goods. Hee hee.

gretchen said...

Thanks for the cinnamon rolls....oh wise older sister of mine!!!